Monday, November 24, 2008

#16 Wiki



Wiki OK I have read all the info on Wiki. I looked into the ALA 2006 New Orleans Wiki and saw the meeting schedule for the conference. I then went to Book Lovers which I understand is not currently being updated. The site was left open to show what they had done with it and the reviews but now the reviews are kept on another site. I then looked at Library Success and read about the wonders that Wiki can do for a library. (not really) If I recall that site seemed to me to be the same as maybe the normal web site for a library.

I must say that here is where I admit my defeat to technology. Honestly at this point I am not sure how people use all these different sites. The RSS feeds, Blogs, Web page, Wiki...after a while they all seem to be offering the same info. I feel this is one of those left brain right brain things and I am using the wrong brain. I feel when I am looking through the sites it is just gibberish to me. I go through the list of JPL participants clicking on my fellow bloggers sites and I am in awe.
I do look forward to getting through the next 7 lessons and forcing myself to go and face my fear.

No comments: